Sunday 19 October 2008

Keepin' Movin'!

The past few weeks have been incredibly busy, I always seem to be moving - heading somewhere. Sometimes I will have a task to perform when I arrive, sometimes I won't even know where I'm going and have to rely on directions written on a post-it and stuck on my dashboard. Then there are the everyday trips to university for class, to church for work, to CYMT for pastoral care and of course to the coffee shop across the road for a regular fix of caffeine. The talk today in Sunday School was focussing on Jesus' environment policy if he were president - one of the verses that was emphasised was PSALM 24:1 "The earth is the LORD's and everything in it". As we move about and get overwhelmed with all the places that we need to be, whether we're one of those people who are always early or whether we're prone to running late, we would do well to remember God's claim on this world. There is no where we can go where Christ has not already been. The earth is the LORD's. There is nothing there we can experience in this world that God doesn't already know about. The earth is the LORD's and everything in it! God moves as we move!

1 comment:

B His Girl said...

Hi Emma,

Just wanted to check in and see how you were. Keepin' Movin' ...I like that. Did you get all your cards/papers to stay in America for awhile?